February 7, 2011

Mojo Monday-177

Phew, what a weekend! We were hit with another bomber of a snow storm! I am so sore from snowblowing, shoveling, and roof raking! Dave gets to sit in the plow truck (I don't let him shovel since he's had 3 heart attacks!). Today, the sun is shining and it's a gorgeous day. Funny how that happens!



This is today's Mojo Monday sketch:

My Card:



I love the little sentiment from the "You're A Gem" stamp set. I worked all of my other elements around the sentiment. The "Rhinestone Jewels" are the perfect companion for my sentiment:

Notice how I used the 3 different sizes of jewels to accentuate my sentiment in the photo above? And I used the jewels again in the photo below in the center of my little flowers from the "Itty Bitty Bits" stamp set. This stamp set works well with the "Punch Pack". I punched them all out and lined them up!

I used my "VersaMark Marker" to color in the flower and added "Iridescent Ice
Embossing Powder":

Card Supplies:


  • Stamp Sets: Awash with Flowers, You're A Gem, Elements of Style
  • Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi
  • DSP: Neutrals Paper Pack
  • Inks: Pink Pirouette, Brave Burgundsy, Basic Black, VersaMark Marker, VersaMark
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder
  • Tools: Punch Pack, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 3/4" x 15/16" Oval Punch


I thought I would share photo's of Mother Nature at her best, both good & bad:

This is a photo with me standing on the porch to the breezeway looking out:

Believe it or not, there is a front deck sitting somewhere in this snowbank:

We found the deck! Dave is snowblowing the floor of it. Since we just built our home a year ago, we have not completed the deck yet. It still needs railings around all the edges and will be easier to find next year:

Mother Nature's beauty:

We are expecting another 6 inches tomorrow! The most important thing right now is for people to clear their roofs of snow. We had just cleared ours 2 days before.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a good Monday!

14 comments:

  1. After seeing your photos, I guess I should stop complaining about the snow here in NW New Jersey! Makes for good stamping, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of snow, Debbie!! Hope you don't get as much from this next round. We have had quite a bit ourselves as well and actually had to call our roofer to finish shoveling our roof last week since we couldn't finish the job ourselves.

    Your card is beautiful, I love all the jeweled accents - they "make" the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roof raking? Wow. I had to shovel as a kid, but I never had to rake the roof!!

    Thanks for sharing ... love all the shimmer on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have about 3 feet untouched on the ground in the back yard.. the mounds in the front yard are over my head... I'm so done with winter! I really love your card. The different sizes of bling, really accent the circle at the top. Awesome job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love all your bling! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a gem - this is lovely! Love the extra sparkle. And I so feel your pain.......we expect another 6-9 here tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is simply elegant. I love the shimmery petals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your elegant card! Love the iridescent ice on the petals and those awesome gems. I think you have more snow than I do, not by much though. Our main roads still aren't open completely in the city. So glad you posted them. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness you know we will look back at this in July and wish for some of the cool of the snow!!!! Put some in your freezer (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie,

    Your card is so simple and clean - I feel over-cluttered all of a sudden. Very nice color palette.

    YOU have snow! Here I'm from Canada but we have barely none at the moment, the one dump we got yesterday is mostly melted away. I'm not complaining. Yours is so pretty to look at.

    Hope you have a good week.

    ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those snow pictures are amazing. Something like that I have never experienced. Your card is stunning! I love the offset flower and the simplicity with elegant colours. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, the card is beautiful! I love the use of the rhinestones and the Iridescent Ice! Secondly...fabulous snow pictures! It made me feel like you were my neighbor! We couldn't find the front or back steps either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the shimmery embossing & the bitty flowers in place of the flag:) Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!