February 12, 2011

For all you sewers & quilters!

I have a treat for you today..........2 cards! I am so in love with the "Sew Suite Stamp Set" and the "Button, Button Stamp Set" from the "Occasions Mini Catalog".

When I was in middle and high school, we learned how to sew at a young age. You don't see many young girls, these days, that know how to sew. Shortly after I gave birth to my daughter, I took the time to make & sew most of her dresses because we lived on one income and money was tight. I enjoyed sewing back then but just don't have the time anymore.

All of the coordinating products in the mini are wonderful. From fabric, to Designer Series Paper, to fabric buttons, to stamp sets and more.............

This card was so much fun to make. I just kept adding and adding and finally I said okay, enough already!


Supplies for card:
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Daffodil Delight
  • DSP: Sweet Stitches
  • Stamp Sets: Sew Suite, Button Button, A Word for You
  • Inks: Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso, Tangerine Tango, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight
  • Tools: Big Shot, Framed Tulips Impressions Folder, Two Tags Die, Modern Label Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Blender Pen
  • Accessories: Brads, Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

I am also in the process of creating my very first quilted wall hanging. We have a brand new home and my entryway needs a touch of something on the wall. A customer of mine Pam, gave me a quilting book to photocopy and I'll be starting out with a simple pattern. I'll post pictures when my wall hanging is complete. I plan on starting it after the Sale-A-bration period expires!

Now for my 2nd card of the day:

This card is from a sketch on the "Create with Connie & Mary" website. I missed the cut-off date for submission but thought I would use the sketch anyway. I again used the "Sew Suite Stamp Set".


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Poppy Parade, Marina Mist
  • DSP: Elegant Soiree
  • Inks: Early Espresso, Whisper White Craft
  • Tools: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Tasteful Trim Die, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Watercolor Wonder Pen
  • Stamp Sets: Sew Suite, Bring on the Cake
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels

I again colored the image with the "Watercolor Wonder Crayons" and a "Blender Pen". Watercoloring is one of my favorite past-times. Stampin' Up!'s "Watercolor Wonder Crayons" are so easy to blend and the colors match all the cardstock and ink colors. You can blend and create an unlimited range of shades.
I hope you enjoyed viewing my 2 cards for today and I hope you enjoy your weekend. Don't forget to relax and get some stamping in! Thanks for dropping by and I hope to hear from you again!


3 comments:

  1. Super cute, Debbie! I love the tag on the first card...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful - I love all of the Sew Suite stuff as well and I can't even thread a needle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love all the details on each card. I remember learning to sew in High School too. Back then we even learned to cook. Wow... how things change. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!