February 2, 2011

Class at Scraps!

Tonight I am again going to be teaching a monthly stamping class at our local Scraps store. We will be focusing on watercoloring. These are the two projects we will be working on:

The "Greeting Cards Kids" is the perfect set to demonstrate the different water coloring tools and supplies Stampin' Up! offers:


Supplies for card:


  • Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Poppy Parade, Whisper White

  • Inks: Basic Black, Whisper White Craft

  • DSP: Glimmer Paper

  • Tools: Big Shot, Top Note Die, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Full Heart Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Small Heart Punch

  • Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes, With All My Heart

I used SU! "Water Color Crayons" on this card. I have to admit I just purchased these a few weeks ago and I am in love with the results. They glide on and when you add the "Blender Pen" in the equation.....on my!



The matching goodie box is actually called a "Bag-A-Lope". It is totally made out of an envelope......I'm serious! You glue the flap to the envelopeso that it is closed. Using a paper cutter, cut off about a 1/2" at the top on the short end. Once cut, you can use a border punch to make it look fancy like I did on mine. I used the "Eyelet Border Punch" on this one. Then using a scoring tool or blade, score 1" on the remaining 3 sides. Fold with your "Bone Folder". Stick your hand inside the envelope from the open edge and carefully work your way on both sides and bottom to open up the box. You will be left with two flaps at the bottom of the box. You will need to apply adhesive to the flaps and glue them to the bottom of the box. Decorate as you like.


Supplies for Bag-A-Lope:


  • One card size envelope

  • Cardstock: Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy

  • Stamp Sets: With All My Heart

  • Tools: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Full Heart Punch, Small Heart Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Top Note Die, Big Shot

  • Inks: Poppy Parade


My Information:


  • Debbie Henderson
  • Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
  • deb_henderson@hotmail.com
  • Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/
  • 2 comments:

    1. Love that handle!!! Fabulous projects and your coloring is so pretty on that girl!!! Hugs,

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!