January 18, 2011

Plane & Simple

I'm stepping away from the Valentine's theme for a bit and showing you a masculine card today:

I love the way this card turned out. It's very satisfying when you yourself create something, complete it and look back and say "wow, that is pretty!"

I started out with a background layer of "Whisper White". I then cut two pieces of cardstock into triangular shapes for the second layer and used my "Big Shot" and the "Square Lattice Impressions Folder" for the embossing.

I used the "Emboss Resist" technique on this card. My first step was to stamp the background with the "En Francais" background stamp, in "Soft Suede ink". I then used the airplane image in the "Plane & Simple" stamp set that is now available in the new "Occasions Mini Catalog" and inked it up in "VersaMark ink". I then sprinkled the stamped image with "White Embossing Powder" and set it with my "Heat Tool".

Using a "Sponge Dauber" and "Soft Suede Ink", gently swirl the sponge over the airplane image and shade around all the edges. Keep swirling around the image until you are satisfied with the ink. I then added another layer of ink to darken the edges closest to the ariplane. I sponged the edges of the layer in "Soft Suede Ink":

Add a "Seam Binding Ribbon in Real Red" and tie a knot. The sentiment is stamped on a partial piece of the "Top Note Die" shape. I also sponged the edges in "Soft Suede Ink":

Supplies for card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!