January 17, 2011

Mojo Monday-174

Happy Monday Stampers! Kick off your Monday with a sketch from Mojo Monday! This is today's sketch:


My card:


Sale-A-Bration is just around the corner and can you believe this is one of the stamp sets you can earn for free! It is called "Bliss" and is a set of 5. Not only is one of the stamps a background stamp, included are a bird, a butterfly, a flower and the word "Bliss". I hand-cut the flower:

  • Notice the pretty edging around my 2.5" circle? I cut a strip of "Whisper White" cardstock and used my "Eyelet Border Punch" on one edge. Using my "Crimper", I inserted the strip and crimped it about 4 times. I then used my "Bone Folder" to even out the bumps. These 2 steps actually help in breaking down the fibers so that the paper becomes easy to work with.
  • For my next step, I applied "Sticky Strip" to the back of my circle. Start adhering your cardstock strip to the back of the circle by gathering the strip about every half inch. I also sponged the edges before I adhered it.
  • Another little touch is adding "Pearl Jewels" to my stamped image and in the center of the flower and each little heart!


I also embossed the Designer Series Paper with the "Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder" and carefully sanded the embossed area with my "Sanding Blocks". This removes the colored layer of the DSP and reveals white!


SU! Supplies Used:
  • Cardstock: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
  • DSP: Patterns Paper Pack-In Color
  • Stamp Sets: Bliss, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sanded
  • Inks: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz
  • Tools: 2.5" Circle Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Sanding Blocks, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: 1/2" Stitched Poly Ribbon in Pear Pizzazz, Pearl Jewels


  • My Information:
  • Debbie Henderson
  • Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
  • deb_henderson@hotmail.com
  • Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/

14 comments:

  1. very pretty card :) I love the background of the circle, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the new background of your blog. Did you create that yourself? And your card is beautiful as usual :) So well done!

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used the punch for lace around your circle. I also like how we both chose the same hearts for the two elements to the side! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and colors! I'm hoping for a tutorial/video on how you made the "lace" around the circle!!! ;) Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really a WOW card! I love the colors you used. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome Debbie! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a gorgeous card! Love the edging around the circle and the color combo is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Wow and MORE Wow! Thanks for sharing this work of art

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colors---really a stand-out card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love the colors and the fabulous stamping! Great job with the Mojo sketch! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is such a lovely card. fantastic techniques here; the border punch and crimper, EF and sanding ... I must try that one.

    Love the colors and now I have inspiration to use my Bliss set. :)

    TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!