January 19, 2011

Deb's Workshop

Last night I attended a workshop for Deb and her friends. Deb just recently moved back to our area and has been coming to some of my events. I think I have her hooked on card making! (huh Deb?). She faithfully attends all of my stamp camps and the classes I teach monthly at Scraps. Since I had a different group of girls this week, I made the same two items I created last week at Bev's workshop:


You can scroll down a few blog posts to "Bev's Workshop" to read about all the details if needed.

For the last project of the night, the girls all tried their hand out at creating this card:

We focused on the "masking technique". Notice how the ink from the heart does not appear in the white of the fox's face? In order to complete this you need to stamp a second fox and cut him out with your "Paper Snips". Lay him on top of the first fox that you stamped and stamp the heart over your cut out image called a "mask". You can see a close up here of the end results:

The little fox is from the stamp set "Fox & Friends". Below is a photo of the sentiment from the stamp set "With All My Heart". Both photo's also show a little heart cut out of "Glimmer Paper" and the "Small Heart Punch". The "Decorative Label Punch" was used for the sentiment:

Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: With All My Heart, Fox & Friends, Punch Potpourri
  • Tools: Scalloped Heart of Heart Embosslit Die, Big Shot
  • Cardstock: Early Espresso, Whisper White
  • Inks: Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso
  • Punches: Decorative Label Punch, Small Heart Punch, Full Heart Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch
  • DSP: Love Impressions, Glimmer Paper

My Information:

2 comments:

  1. hi Debbie, I really like your shadowing on your recent card samples. This little fox is so cute against the shadowed heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of this set. So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!