January 20, 2011

CCMC134-Sketch Challenge

We have another sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary. The sketch for this week was meant for a square card but I opted to make mine the usual card size. I don't keep square envelopes on hand so this is easier for me. This is the sketch for this week:


An easy way to create a great border is to layer several colors together. I actually used my "Color Coach" today to come up with a very different color combination. I hardly ever use "Basic Gray" so I picked that color on my "Color Coach" and this was one of the suggestions: Basic Gray, Cajun Craze and Baja Breeze. I also added "Whisper White".


Notice how I created my background images? I first inked my stamp with "Baja Breeze ink" and stamped. Without re-inking, I stamped again. This creates light and dark shading.
Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, Basic Gray, Whisper White
  • Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Tasteful Trim Die, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die
  • Inks: Baja Breeze
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamp Sets: Easter Blossoms, Bring On The Cake

I have another post scheduled for this morning so make sure you don't miss it!

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! I love those polka dots, scallops and especially how you stamped that image. Beautiful. Love the colors too. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Simply gorgeous, Debbie! The soft image with the butterflies is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful...love the soft colors with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely! I love the little butterflies with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color palette for this card. So elegant and yet bold. Thanks for sharing.
    Seletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a soft, pretty card...even with the red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love this colour combination - I'm thinking I need to dust off that colour coach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful! I love the way you layered the scallops! Everything came together just perfectly for this card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. would love to know how you got the layering on the label?
    This is stunning

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!