December 23, 2010

Create with Connie & Mary-CCMC-130

Create with Connie & Mary has a new sketch challenge for this week. Are you in need of a last minute holiday card? Why not sit down and use the sketch below for a quick card:

My Card:

I love how this came together with the ribbon treatment. I have a tutorial HERE on how to achieve this ribbon look. Because this ribbon is so wide, use 2 strips of "Sticky Tape" to adhere.

Another little tip I used on the stamped layer was to use my "Aqua Painter" to apply "Shimmer Paint" to the leaves of my holly. The paint glides right on! I used "Pear Pizzazz" ink to color the leaves first then applied the "Shimmer Paint in Champagne" on top of the color.

Notice the paper piercing? I used my "Circle Die" to cut out a circle and placed it on top of my card layer for a pattern. I then used my "Paper Piercing Tool" and poked holes along the outside of the circle.
I stamped the holly image once again on the "Pear Pizzazz" cardstock using "VersaMark ink" which creates a watermarked image.
Supplies Used:
  • Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
  • Stamps: Come to Bethleham (sentiment), Bells & Boughs
  • Inks: Chocolate Chip, VersaMark, Pear Pizzazz
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in Chocolate Chip, Shimmer Paint
  • Tools: Aqua Painter, Paper Piercer, Circle Die, Big Shot

  • My Information:
  • Debbie Henderson
  • Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
  • deb_henderson@hotmail.com
  • Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/

3 comments:

  1. Love the pearls - and that fabulous ribbon! Also love how you created the circle with paper piercing! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love your card! I love how you used the pearls for the holly berries! Clever! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty. I really love the details yet the simplicity of this design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!