December 18, 2010

Come To Bethlehem

For those of you that own a Big Shot, Stampin' Up! now carries a new product to use with your machines called "Letterpress Plates". You use them the same way you would any of your dies. The only exception is that you can use them alone to create embossing or you can add ink first to your plates, then emboss. The card below depicts using ink on the plates:

The stamp set used in this card is "Come to Bethleham". "Basic Gray" is a cardstock color I hardly ever remember to use. I thought I would use it as the main background color for this card and I also used "Basic Gray ink" for my stamped image.


Notice the embossing? I used "Baja Breeze" ink on my letterpress plates and then layered my "Very Vanilla cardstock" over the plates, ran them through my "Big Shot" and look how stunning the results are. I added "Pearl Jewels" for the flower centers and one on the star.
Supplies used:
  • Stamp Sets: Come to Bethleham
  • Tools: Big Shot, Northern Trim Letterpress Plates, Corner Rounder Punch
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels
  • Inks: Baja Breeze, Basic Gray
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze


Come To Bethlehem - Clear-Mount Stamp 120591
Preferred Price: $14.95
There aren’t many stories as enchanting and awe-inspiring as three wise men traveling great distances guided by a wondrous new star in the heavens to welcome a special newborn. Use this glorious set this Christmas season to share your love for this story and the joy it has brought to so many the world wide. Available both in wood-mount and clear-mount.




Northern Trim Letterpress Plates- 120982
Preferred Price: $5.95

Our new Letterpress Plates add a whole new dimension to your stamping projects. You can use these plates with the Big Shot machine to add an ink debossed look to cards, invitations, accents for scrapbook pages, home décor, and more. Our Northern Trim plate coordinates with our Northern Hearts stamp set and Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for a trio of delightful images, texture, and trim for all your captivating wintry projects.

■ Inked, debossed impression reminiscent of an old-world letterpress
■ 8” x 3” x ¼”
■ Use with standard cutting pads
■ Instructions for use included with each plate


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Debbie! I love the mix of the letterpress with the stamp set and the pearls..Very elegant and simple and just overall beautiful. Gotta CASE this once I get the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!