Isn't he adorable........a lot of work........but adorable:
Here is the recipe Ellen listed on her blog:
- Helmet :2.5" Circle Punch from Vellum and another 2.5" Circle punched close to that hole.
- Face: RETIRED Key Tag Punch in River Rock cardstock, another Key Tag Punch in Chocolate Chip cardstock layered behind it. (You can get the same effect from a 2x1 inch rectangle if you round the corners).
- Eyes:small circle from Itty Bitty Punch Pack in white, 1/2" Circle Punch in River Rock cut in half for eyelids, Hand Held hole punch in bashful blue, 1/4" Hand Hand hold punch in Basic Black.
- Eyebrows: wide Heart to Heart punch next to the wide Heart to Heart hole so you get a funny shaped sliver from the top of the heart - cut that in half to get two curved eyebrows.
- Nose: small circle from Itty Bitty Punch Pack trimmed to a triangle.
- Mouth:tip of Word Window punch.
- Chin: small circle from Itty Bitty Punch Pack.
- Top of suit: Small Oval punch in Chocolate Chip, Large Oval punch in River Rock, Wide Oval punch in Chocolate Chip
- Suit base: 2.5" Circle punch in River Rock - trimmed flat
- Breast piece: Wide Oval punch in certainly celery trimmed on the sides to fit side by side.
- Breast decorations: RETIRED Slot punch in Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Real Red & Garden Green cardstock, small circle in Real Red from Itty Bitty Punch Pack, 3/4" Circle punch in Whisper White, 1/2 inch circle in Baja Breeze (you can substitute little strips of paper for the slot punch - they just won't be rounded on the ends).
- Arms are layered as follows:
**1" Circle punch in Basic Black
**3/4" Circle punch in Basic Gray
**Small Oval punch in River Rock with ends cut off and rounded
**3/4" Circle punch in Certainly Celery
**Small Oval in River Rock
- Hands: Modern Label punch cut off on the ends in River Rock. Slot punch added at wrist in Chocolate Chip
- Mid Section: Round Tab Punch in Basic Black layered of another layer of River
The background layers are Basic Black, Real Red embossed with the Square Lattice Impressions Folder. I added shapes from the Cog Punch and the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes cut out with the Small Oval Punch in Whisper White and Layered over the Large Oval Punch in River Rock.
I also made a matching box with the "Bitty Box & Envelope Die":
I am now in the process of completing some projects for Kaitlynn's 3rd birthday which will be celebrated on March 21st. Can you guess what an almost 3 year old requested for her birthday theme?.......why Dora the Explorer of course! Wait 'til you see what I've been working on!
- Debbie Henderson
- Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
- Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/